Blog Top Sites

Blog Top Sites

Last night I made a meal of linguini (hand-made dough, pasta rolled and cut in a fancy machine then laid out to dry before cooking!), steamed shrimp, julienned green and yellow squash, and a roasted red pepper sauce that included chili powder, honey, cumin, garlic and shallots. It was INCREDIBLE. I love, love, love this cooking class.

But it's turning me rather... domestic. I suddenly find myself subscribing to design blogs and salivating over expensive kitchen ware. My dreams contain matching curtains alongside the usual bouncing giraffes and evil henchmen. Am I becoming a grown-up? D:

Busy, busy, busy. I'm actually getting started for real with the job hunt. Today I will venture to the career center on campus with my resume to see if they can help me fix it. Then the applications will start, hopefully with some positive result. I just can't imagine that I won't find anything. I might not have super awesome business skillz, but I do have some and hey, if I'm going to be $50k in debt I think I deserve to spend my post-graduation days doing things that do not involve making french fries or trying to explain why soiled underwear cannot be returned.

At this point, I'd just love to be able to afford stuff. It would be super cool to get a new ipod that has more storage capacity (18gb of music does not fit into a 4gb music device, sadly) and maybe some new clothes and such. Or go somewhere! I like going place, it's fun. It would be so nice to be able to buy a ticket and fly to Tennessee to visit my best friend and her husband. I want to do that next month, but it's just not going to happen because I can't afford it.

So long as I don't have any children in the next decade, things should be all right money-wise. Once I start working full time (: But first I have to finish college.

Post a Comment

the girl

the girl

the blog

This blog is about me - my musical discoveries, my efforts to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle, my wedding plans, my adventures and mishaps as I navigate the world. Sometimes it'll be boring, sometimes it'll be sad, sometimes I hope it'll be hilarious. Stick around for recipes, photographs, lists, musings, music and ramblings a-plenty.

stalkers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP